Saturday, August 29, 2009

2 weeks down...

So, the kids have been in school for exactly two weeks! I think this new school is wonderful and I think that it was totally worth the effort to get them in there. The first week was a little rough for Haleigh. She sometimes struggles with change. She went from a school with 30 kids + per classroom and 150 + students per grade (just in her building). She is now in a class of 25 students (which will be the max) and her class is the only 3rd grade class. She was in our bed almost every night for the first week. She made friends immediately but, she still had a hard time. Dakota...didn't bother him one bit!

Two weeks down and Haleigh has already been invited to a sleepover birthday party. She has several friends in class, including a boy named Malcolm that says he "loves her". Cracks me up! Dakota has also made some good friends. He knows one of the boys from his old school that's in his class. There are actually 2 6th grade classes of 25 each and there are a couple of girls in the other class from the old school. He also has his first official girlfriend. Wow. He's growing up so fast!!!

September is almost here and I can feel fall coming on. Love this season! I'm ready for the cooler weather! The thought of apples, colorful leaves, blue jeans and sweatshirts are swimming through my head! I just love it!!!

I'll be posting again soon! Promise!

No comments: