Tuesday, June 5, 2007

My favorite vacation spot...

Okay, here's another blog challenge, posted by Carla at Scrap-a-Latte.

I have a few spots, as I have not been on many vacations, so, they are all wonderful to me!!!

We had our first real family vacation in 2005, when we went to Gatlinburg and stayed in a nice condo. We love the mountains and outdoors so, it was great! Plus, Pigeon Forge had lots of fun stuff to do, such as putt-putt and go-karts. The kids had a blast!!!

Another favorite of mine was Myrtle Beach. I went with a friend and all of our kids (4 total - 2 five year olds, a three year old and two year old). We stayed in a condo, right on the beach. We walked everywhere, since there were things just down the road. We went to the Pavilion, an amusement park, and Broadway at the Beach, which is a large area with stores, putt-putt, restaurants and fireworks (you park on the outside of the area and just walk all over the place outside without worrying about cars). It was super cool! I would love to go back there again, but with Brian. It's a great place to take the family!!!

3 comments:

Summer said...

sounds like a great place to visit!! I can't wait to go on family vacations. We are almost ready to go there!

Veronica-Disney Dreamin' Mama said...

Lou--you're talking about my neck of the woods, LOL. I grew up spending my summers as a kid/teen in both Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg and Myrtle Beach! We're so close to both of those!

Alicia Sharp said...

I love those spots as well! Next time you are there let me know! I will come and see you!